Last Update vor 9 Monaten
SMTP allows BoothBook to connect directly to your mail server and send email from your email provider account. In most e-mail clients, this will also put your outgoing e-mail into your sent folder.
How do I set it up on my system?
The below information will be dependent on who your email host is. ie. Gmail, 1and1 etc.
- Go to Configuration (cog icon) > Global Settings > Conversations
- Under Sending Email > Sending Method, select SMTP
- Follow the steps below - The ? tool tips are available to find out more about each field setting
- Host: e.g. 1and1, this can simply be found via a Google search, see below.
2. Username: This is usually your email address
3. Password: Your password to your email account (NB. If you change your password at any time you will need to update this field)
4. Port: e.g. 587 This is information that can be found via Google. (see screenshot above)
5. Enable TLS: Enable this if applicable. Most ports (ie. 587) need this selected however the settings that Google displays should tell you if this is needed or not.
6. Test Connection: click this button to test that your connection is set up correctly. If not, a message will show why.
Once your SMTP settings are set up correctly, everything should automatically start sending from the SMTP method.
If having issues setting up, you may need to contact your email host to confirm your details - in the meantime, revert your Sending Method back to System Email to ensure emails are still sent to you and your customers.
See this example of a set up for a 1and1 email host.
Gmail / GSuite Special instructions: