Watch this video as soon as you log into your BoothBook for the first time. We will guide you through the first half of tasks to complete.
It covers the following:
- Set Up Wizard (contact, location, business settings)
- Configure Unit Types
- Understanding Units vs. Unit Types
- Unit Availability
- Configure Packages
- Configure Extras
- Creating Extras Groups
- Package Availability
Follow this Quick Setup Guide to start selling on BoothBook as soon as possible!
Before starting, sign up to a payment gateway, Stripe , Square, PayPal, or Authorize.net so that you can take payments online. Once signed up to a payment gateway, make a note of your API Keys or details: (Find Stripe API Keys, Find Square API Keys, Find Authorize.net Keys).
Once logged into BoothBook for the first time with your provided Admin username and password, you will be directed to confirm some basic information to get you started (this information can be amended later if needed).
Step 1: Basic Information
Step 2: Setup Task - Add Your Branding
Step 3: Setup Task - Add Your Services
Step 4: Setup Tasks - Business Settings
Step 5: How Would You Like To Take Payments?
Step 6: Add A Test Booking
By adding a test booking, you'll be able to see the information that booking form currently gathers and how it behaves:
- Ensure Enable Test Mode is ticked in Configuration (cog) > Global Settings > Payment Gateways > Stripe/Square or PayPal/Authorize.net then click Save Configuration
- Navigate to your booking form by clicking the BoothBook in the top left of your page, and select Check Availability
- Select a service and package and fill in the booking form. Use your email address to receive the confirmation and notification emails - here's how to update these if needed
- Click Book Now and go through checkout using test card numbers where applicable:
- Stripe: 4242 4242 4242 4242, an expiry date in the future and CVV: 123
- Square: 4111 1111 1111 1111, expiration date 12/21 and CVV 111
- To see your booking, click on the Diary icon in your left admin menu, this will take you to your Bookings List. Click on the Cog icon of your booking to view what the customer sees in the client portal.
Step 7: Update More Booking Form Settings
You can locate and update your Business Settings, System Settings and Integrations from Global Settings. We've assumed some of the ways that your business is set up and the way you run it but this can be updated here.
Go to Configuration (cog icon) > Global Settings:
- Click to Timings to update how far ahead you take bookings, default start/ end times & invoice due dates.
- Click to Booking Form to update booking form questions, style, behaviour and customer payment options during booking.
- Click to Translate to update booking form labels and checkout messages:
- Update any form titles or form messages under Booking Form
- You can update the Booking Confirmation text under Emails
- You can update any booking messages under Customer Messages
- Or select from Import Language to set your entire customer facing side to a certain language eg. US English / French / Spanish etc.
Step 8: Review Automations
Whether it's an email sent to the customer after booking or a reminder text sent to an attendant a day before the event, Automations are the backbone of any system that aims to reduce your manual workflow. We've created some to get you started it, simply enable them from:
- Configuration (cog) icon > Automations - enable them under the Status column
- Click Create Automation to start a new one from scratch
- Use the available variables to personalise the notifications